Everyone loves easy kitchen updates. If you like to cook, then a warm and spacious kitchen that is equipped with all the latest and greatest gadgets is likely something that you dream about. For those who aren’t the biggest fan of spending their evenings in front of a stove, a kitchen that has plenty of storage and can be easily kept clean is often worth getting excited about. The kitchen is often referred to as the heart of the home. It is where families converge on holidays, where we often spend our mornings and evenings, and where we find the nourishment we need to stay mentally and physically energized. But sometimes, the kitchen can become outdated. If your kitchen needs a refresh, try a few of these easy kitchen updates that look great.
Easy Kitchen Updates
You don’t need an overhaul to give your kitchen a little something extra. There are a few short, simple and quick projects you can tackle in the course of a weekend that can add a bit of pizzazz to your kitchen.
Want to add a little something to your kitchen? Try:
- Adding a backsplash: Use printed wallpaper, fancy tile, or a hand painted fresco over your stove.
- Refresh the cabinets: Who needs new cabinets? Give your current cabinets a sand and stain or a paint job so you have a new look and a fresh feel in the kitchen.
- Changing the door knobs: Swap out the standard cabinet knobs for new knobs that will add some personality to your kitchen.
- Updating the flooring: Laminate floors are easy to install and can be done for a fraction of the cost of standard flooring like tile or hard-wood.
- Declutter: Believe it or not, cleaning off your counter space is quick, cheap, and it really works! Get rid of or store appliances you don’t use regularly, keep mail off the corner of the kitchen counter, keep your fruit in a fruit bowl on the dining room table, and put odds and ends in drawers or the pantry.
What’s cooking in your kitchen? Fire up a little flare with some of these fun kitchen weekend projects. The only thing you need is a few hours and a bit of inspiration. Improving the look of your kitchen with small projects like these may even help you with your upcoming property sale.
Looking to buy or sell in Jacksonville? Traditions Realty is a full service Real Estate Agency, specializing in Sales, Tenant Placement & Property Management. Contact our Traditions Realty agents online or at (904) 683.5230 today.