The weather may not be cooperating, but the holidays in Jacksonville have arrived! One of the benefits of living in a city as old and established as Jacksonville is that you get to take part in the many winter holiday traditions that happen year after year in the area. Each community in Jacksonville has their own set of holiday traditions and events, and every year Jacksonville residents gather together to enjoy the cold weather and bask in the spirit of the holidays.
After the stress of finding a new home in Jacksonville, whether you are looking through property sales, foreclosures or rental property management, the holidays are a time that you can step away from the stress of making more purchases and enjoy a little bit of family time.
Don’t let your holiday’s be swept up in a frenzy of holiday shopping and long lines at the mall. There is so much more to this time of year than a mall Santa and holiday sales, for example you can stay in amazing place like Luxury Home Rentals Miami, FL.
When your family is ready for their annual or semi-annual holiday trip, what better choice can you have than to buy your own? Whether you seek a cottage, a house, a cosy chalet, or an apartment that is fully appointed and includes a pool, your decision should include searching through the holiday homes for sale in the before settling on any one pick.
Whatever the budget allows, there are many to choose from and a wide selection of locations in which to spend that quality time you and your family deserve. While the kids are still young, and even once they’ve flown the nest and have kiddies of their own, you can find a place and the space to entertain them all while enjoying a restful and much needed holiday.
When the mood strikes and you can get away for a while, retreating to your own favourite cottage for a fortnight of lazing about may be just what the doctor ordered. On the other hand, when there are small children involved you may opt for bigger spaces and more entertaining places. A small cottage can be romantic and restful for those who just want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. You can click here to find out more about best holiday homes in isle of wight.
Ownership can be easily accomplished and knowing you have that option whenever you wish makes for an easier time of it while still working at that daily grind. Cottages can be one room or one bedroom plus bath and kitchen. Not much to keep up and yet plenty of luxury appointments if you so choose.
Enjoy the Holidays in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Light Parade: This parade happens along the St. Johns River between Metropolitan Park and the Acosta Bridge, with fireworks shooting off from many of the downtown buildings starting at 7pm.
- Yulee Holiday Festival and Parade: This is free to all and starts at 9am.
- St. Augustine Christmas Parade: This parade will begin at Mission of Nombre de Dios in St. Augustine and usually begins at 10 am.
- Lighted Boat Parade: This parade takes place on the water of the St. Johns River in Green Cove Springs. The event usually starts at 5:30 pm.
Holiday Concerts and Theater Events:
- A Christmas Carol at Alhambra Dinner Theater. Check on their website for showtimes and other Holiday themed events!
- Handel’s Messiah at the Times-Union Center. This show is put on by the Jacksonville symphony Orchestra, chorus and others.
- The Nutcracker: This holiday play is being put on by a number of theater groups in town, including by the Jacksonville symphony orchestra and will be showing on UNFs campus as well as the Florida Theater.
Want more home maintenance tips? Looking to purchase or sell property in Jacksonville? Contact the professionals at Traditions Realty.