If you have recently purchased a new home, the past few months have most likely been a process of research and paperwork. You visited homes, did online searches, and racked your brain to make sure you were getting everything you needed and most of what you wanted. Now that you are all moved in, you realize just how much fixing up your new home really needs.
After moving into a new place, you are going to have to make a collection of changes to really make yourself at home. Find out how to add function while keeping form as you update your new home.
Form and Function for Fixing up your Home
Here are a few ways you can add function while keeping form as you update your home.
- New windows: Instead of just swapping out the old windows for ones more aesthetically pleasing, consider investing in energy-efficient windows that will lower your energy costs.
- Outdated electrical outlets: Contact a qualified electrician to update your wiring so that your home can run more efficiently as you get more convenience from new outlets. This is especially great when you move into an older home.
- Lighting fixtures: Modern, clean lighting fixtures are an affordable way to add a quick and noticeable improvement.
- Fresh Paint: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way. Be sure to choose light, neutral colors.
- Curb Appeal: Make the most of these few initial moments by boosting the curb appeal of your Jacksonville home.
- Door Fixtures: Modern, matching door fixtures are another affordable way to add a quick and noticeable improvement.
When you first move into a home, these updates and upgrades might be for your personal purposes, but there are some things you can do that will actually improve the value of your home should you decide to re-sell in the future. The best updates you can make to your home are functional ones. While it is great to make everything look good, when you give your home functional updates you get a bit of added practicality out of your work—and this is good for your home and your lifestyle.
Want more ideas? Contact the professionals at Traditions Realty.