The first of June marks the onset of wet weather and hurricane season in Florida, and as the Midwest is plagued with horrible storms, it can serve as a strong reminder to those of us on the Southeast coast to prepare our own homes for the storms that we may see this year. It is true that we haven’t had a real hurricane in Jacksonville for several years now, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t in store for one. Traditions Realty offers tips you can take to prepare your property for storm season.
Prepare Your Property for Storm Season
As stressful as it is to prepare your home for a hurricane, the process can become even more troubling when you are thinking about a home you are hoping to buy or a property you plan on putting on the market soon. Property sales in Jacksonville are subject to just as much damage as other houses around town, so you need to do your best to set your property up to stand strong should a storm come through.
You can do this by:
- Cutting back trees and bushes
- Fixing any loose tiles or leaks from the roof
- Ensuring windows and shutters fit properly
- Clearing your garage so it can fit a vehicle
- Removing clutter and decorations from your yard
- Cleaning the gutters
- Keeping the grass cut and tidy
- Removing dead bushes or trees on your property that could easily be blown over
- Repairing or replacing cracked windows
- Repairing or replacing worn or loose siding
Don’t wait until a storm is heading into Jacksonville to prepare your property for a hurricane. Preparing for a storm takes time, and when you are in the midst of a property sale that could mean that you have two houses to care for. Taking care of your home now could mean an easier time before the storm, and a lot less damage when all is said and done.
Looking to buy or sell in Jacksonville? Traditions Realty is a full service Real Estate Agency, specializing in Sales, Tenant Placement & Property Management. Contact our Traditions Realty agents online or at (904) 683.5230 today.