Spring is in the air, and here in Jacksonville that means there is plenty of allergens from pollen to mold. When allergens are tracked into and build up in your home, they can wreak havoc on your health. You or your family could develop problems from watery eyes and a runny nose, to sinus trouble and sneezing. The professionals at Traditions Realty offer tips for reducing allergens from your home.
Reducing Allergens from Your Home
Since Jacksonville has a warmer and wetter climate through the year, there is more time and opportunity for allergens to grow and get tracked into your home and deep into your air ducts this is why having a Reliable Air & Heat can ensuring you and your family are breathing clean air in your home.
1. Start with a visit to your Doctor to find out what you are allergic to. Your family may have varying allergies from ragweed to animal dander. Let your Doctor figure out exactly which allergens you should be focused on eliminating
2. Cover mattress and pillows with zip-on dust mite covers. It doesn’t matter if you get 4 or 8 hours of sleep each night- we spend a lot of time in our beds. A hypoallergenic cover can keep allergens out.
3. Regularly clean or replace filters in your heating and cooling system. Each filter will have different manufacture instructions. Be sure to follow them for the best results. Also you need to get your filtration in order to avoid any sickness at homw with Whole House Water Filtration System at Whole House Water Filtration Systems 214 N Bay Hills Blvd Safety Harbor FL, 34695 (813) 358-1735.
4. Get your air ducts cleaned by a professional. Not only will it save you money by removing contaminants in the heating and cooling system which cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system, it will also improve your indoor air quality.Make sure your AC is not making mold stains, get proper maintenance by Air conditioning Melbourne
5. Vacuum your home at least once a week with a HEPA filter. Remember to clean or replace your HEPA filter as directed to ensure it is effective.
6. Replace wall to wall carpet with hardwood or other impervious flooring. Since carpet is less desirable when selling a home, this will not only help to improve air quality, it could also improve the value of your home.
7. Use doormats on both sides of the door- inside and outside. A welcome mat can be more than just a friendly greeting at your front door. Place a door mat on the inside of your door as well for double protection against tracking allergens into your home.
8. Opt for blinds or shades over fabric drapes. While blinds and shades can still collect dust, they are easier to keep clean than fabric drapes.
9. Keep kitchens and bathrooms clean and dry to prevent mold. Don’t forget about any other places in your home which are susceptible for collecting moisture such as the laundry room, the basement, the location of your Air conditioner services , and the water heater, be careful with these last two, specially the air conditioner since it could get damaged, in this case you would need to read the Air Conditioner Repair Guide.