Whether you recently purchased a property in Jacksonville or have invested in a foreclosure, there is one thing that you are likely going to encounter—home repairs. Even the most renovated model home is hiding a few scratches and dents somewhere within the living space. After spending a great deal of money on your home while purchasing your property sale or foreclosure, the last thing you will want to do is contact a contractor when the smallest things go wrong. But that doesn’t mean you are up for ignoring the blemishes as they make themselves known.
The answer to your problems could be DIY easy home updates . All you need are a few tips to get started and a little bit of elbow grease to put into the task.
Easy Home Updates
- Repair the screen: Whether your cat tore a hole in the screen or another mishap is letting pesky bugs fly into your living room, you can fix the hole easily by applying clear nail polish to it. Liberally apply the clear nail polish to the area with the hole. As it dries it will reinforce the tear. Keep in mind that this will only work for minor tears.
- Fix the counter top: All you will need to correct this problem is a box of crayons and a spatula knife. Find a crayon that matches the color of your counter top and melt it on a paper plate or other device that you don’t mind ruining. Keep an eye on the crayon, the length of time it will need to be in the microwave will depend on how much of a crayon you decided to melt and how powerful your microwave is. Start with one minute. Once the crayon is hot, pour it on your counter top and work it into the crack. Use the knife spatula to carefully scrape away the excess crayon; just make sure not to scratch up the countertop in the process!
- Self-adhesive backsplash tiles in the kitchen: Easy home updates in the kitchen can be simple and fun.
- Crown molding in the bathroom: For more complex DIY projects, you can find helpful instructional videos. The DIY network provides expert advice on how to install crown molding.
- Paint your cabinets: For cabinets that are old and outdated, the best way to update them is with paint. Paint can work wonders on everything, and kitchen cabinets are no exception.
- Update the fireplace: Transform your fireplace into the statement piece you want it to be. Check out 25 DIY Fireplace Makeovers from Remodelaholic.
- Upgrade backyard landscaping: Get inspired by these affordable DIY backyard landscaping ideas from the DIY Network.
What are some other common problems that you run into in your home? Do you know of any affordable and simple tricks that make for great DIY home solutions? We would love to hear about them!