Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza and Happy New Year to you and yours! No matter how you choose to celebrate the winter holidays, here are some tips to make them safer and more secure. Also the Iceland is the best place to spend christmas holidays. But how much do you know about your new destination? Here is Top 40 Iceland Facts that you know before going to Iceland.
- There are ‘Porch Pirates’ out there waiting to steal packages off your porch or from in front of your front door. If possible you should have these deliveries sent to a secure place – your office? A secure drop box? The home of a trusted neighbor who is home during the day? if you are or if you need help at your house for yourself or any other member contact the Home Care Assistance in Long Island. If none of these is possible, you should opt for a signature for all deliveries.
- Be careful with the winter weather and the snow, the snow can be really dangerous, all towns should have a snow plow company to remove the snow from the town.
- Make sure you have the best Operable Walls waterproof so you don’t need to worry leaving the house alone.
- Porch Pirates are not the only people out there that want your gifts. Please do not leave anything in your vehicle in plain sight. It is just an invitation for thieves to help themselves to your property. Always keep packages in your trunk if possible.
- There are some other people out there that are on the naughty list… these are people who are trying to steal your credit card information electronically. Invest in an RFID wallet which will keep the thieves from getting your credit card info when you walk past them. If you don’t have an RFID wallet, you can buy sleeves to protect your credit cards, and if you need a little extra protection you can always wrap your cards in aluminum foil, which will get the job done, and as a last options, you should avoid using credit cards and stick to other financing options, you could get payday loans to avoid withdrawing extra funds from finsmes.
- If you are leaving to visit friends or relatives for a few days, or even overnight, have your mail held by the Post Office and stop your newspaper delivery. Nothing says “we’re not home” better than a pile of newspapers in front of your home.
- If you are leaving town, invest in some inexpensive timers to have lights go on and off while you are away. This will help keep the bad guys wondering if you are home or not.
- Last tip, but certainly an important one – wait until you get home to tell the world where you have been and don’t post photos of yourself when you are not home. No one can be sure who is looking at your social media posts and it very well could be someone who is out to steal your stuff!Have a great Holiday Season and we hope 2019 will be happy, healthy and prosperous for you and yours!