In North Florida, hurricane season runs from June 1st through November 30th. Even though there hasn’t been a hurricane to touch ground in Jacksonville for a few years, don’t make the mistake of letting your hurricane planning fall by the wayside. Fall storms are just as dangerous as summer ones, and both you and your property should be ready for the storm. Traditions Realty provides the following information to ensure hurricane readiness for your Jacksonville home and if you plan to build a new one My Aunt used Hillside Custom Homes, a custom home builder in New Braunfels, Texas to make their home building extra resistant and she was VERY pleased!
Your residential roofing system is probably one of the most important and vital parts of your house providing you protection and security against the various environmental conditions. It is therefore overly necessary to pay adequate attention to your house roof if it needs roof repair and know a reputable roofing expert and roofing contractor to call to ensure that they are appropriately maintained and repaired well ahead of time. Without a commercial roof repair, you could literally end up without a roof on your head.
If you need to repair or replace the roof of your house, you might need an expert roofing contractor. However, with innumerable options available in the market, it might not be an easy task to choose the most reliable and efficient roofer to have your roofing services done. More people search for businesses online than anywhere else. According to the Kelsey group, nearly all consumers, 97 percent, now use online media when researching products or services under their local area. Local searches are growing by 70 percent. Search engines are currently taking into account the location of customers looking for products and services in your market and matching them to the local businesses. Here you can read more about Roofing Marketing Pros: commercial roof leads in Florida.
Search engines are giving preferential treatment to roofing marketing campaigns by allowing the local roofing contractor and other home service companies to appear on the first page of search results for relevant keywords making your roofing marketing more effective. There are three ways your roofing marketing efforts can have your business show up on the first page of Google; Google Places (Formerly Google Maps), Geo pay per click advertising, local organic SEO.
General steps of Hurricane Readiness
- Before an event, examine your property for physical or liability hazards.
- Find out if your home meets current building code requirements for high-wind regions, and should have flat roofing installed if needed.
- Check the four critical areas where wind can enter a home: roof, windows, doors and garage doors. Installing hurricane windows is a great idea especially for those who live in an area frequented by hurricanes. Either you or a building contractor can build and install temporary protection, such as approved wind roller shutters or plywood on windows and coverings for patio and entry doors, strengthen and stiffen garage doors, and install heavy-duty door hardware.
- Read and understand your insurance policy.
- Inventory valuables and contents in the home with pictures or video. Note the approximate value of each item and the date of purchase. You can also send an inventory to a family member outside your region for safekeeping.
- Make sure important documents, such as an insurance policy or mortgage papers, are stored in a safe deposit or fire safe box.
- Floodwater that enters into a home may be covered by specialized flood coverage underwritten by FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program, and is also important to have a good water filtration system, and you can find a company that installs RO systems which helps with this. Check with your insurance agent about flood policies, but note that they take 30 days to become effective one you sign up. When you need to file a claim for the damages on your home, you may want to work with a Public Insurance Claim Adjuster to ensure you get a fair settlement.
- Consider having a backup generator installation to keep major appliances running in case of a power outage, I recommend checking this Generac Whole Home Generator or vertiv ups systems for domestic and commercial use. A person who can appreciate the importance electricity will know the value of having a portable generator. At enstorageinc.com you can find these generators, they are really handy and can provide that much-needed electricity during power outages and can be extremely helpful during emergencies. The refrigerator is especially important as you’ll want to keep your food cold as much as possible. Get More Info here.
- Have a few tools and supplies around the house in case of roof damage. This includes a strong tarp and nails or an industrial staple gun. If your roof begins to leak, get that tarp up as soon as possible to prevent any damage, this roof replacement in Perth company can help you with any kind of roofing issues.
- Have the contact details of an emergency water damage restoration company ready in case your home suffers from water damage due to leaks from damaged pipes, roof or even floodwater. This is very important because the longer you delay the water damage restoration, the more damage your home suffers.
- If you are renting your home, be sure to talk to your rental property management group or landlord about what to do in case of a storm and to get a roof waterproofing service to work at your place.
Hurricane Readiness Kit
While keeping your property safe has both personal and economic advantages, keeping yourself safe and having a trust contractor fro the aftermath like this roof replacement team is paramount. Put together a good hurricane readiness kit now so that you are good to go in case a storm heads for the First Coast.
Your hurricane readiness supply kit should contain:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable foods that do not require power to prepare
If you have questions about how the Hurricane season affects property value or purchases, please contact our Traditions Realty agents at (904) 683.5230 today.