In North Florida, hurricane season runs from June 1st through November 30th. Even though there hasn’t been a hurricane to touch ground in Jacksonville for a few years, don’t make the mistake of letting your hurricane planning fall by the wayside. Fall storms are just as dangerous as summer ones, and both you and your property should be ready for the storm. Traditions Realty provides the following information to ensure hurricane readiness for your Jacksonville home and if you plan to build a new one My Aunt used Hillside Custom Homes, a custom home buider in New Braunfels, Texas to make their home building extra resistant and she was VERY pleased!
The roof of your house is probably the most important and vital parts of your house providing you protection and security against the various environmental conditions. It is therefore overly necessary to pay adequate attention to your house roof if it needs roof repair and know a reputable roofing expert and roofing contractor to call to ensure that they are appropriately maintained and repaired well ahead of time. Without a commercial roof repair, you could literally end up without a roof on your head.
If you need to repair or replace the roof of your house, you might need an expert roofing contractor. However, with innumerable options available in the market, it might not be an easy task to choose the most reliable and efficient roofer to have your roofing services done. More people search for businesses online than anywhere else. According to the Kelsey group, nearly all consumers, 97 percent, now use online media when researching products or services under their local area. Local searches are growing by 70 percent. Search engines are currently taking into account the location of customers looking for products and services in your market and matching them to the local businesses. Here you can read more about Roofing Marketing Pros: commercial roof leads in Florida.
Search engines are giving preferential treatment to roofing marketing campaigns by allowing the local roofing contractor and other home service companies to appear on the first page of search results for relevant keywords making your roofing marketing more effective. There are three ways your roofing marketing efforts can have your business show up on the first page of Google; Google Places (Formerly Google Maps), Geo pay per click advertising, local organic SEO.
Google Places– What Is Google Places? It has been referred to it as Google Maps, Google Places and Google local. Perhaps you have seen the Maps showing up on Google, with similar technology on MSN and Yahoo. During a local search, Google will display a map in the right hand of the search engine results page and Google Place Pages to the left. Essentially you can get on the first page of Google without incurring paid advertising costs or the time and effort needed for Local Organic Search Engine Optimization. It is the best advertising option available on the Internet. Google places allows you to enter a great deal of information about your company including photos, videos, service descriptions, business categories, coupons, and QPR Codes.
General steps of Hurricane Readiness
- Before an event, examine your property for physical or liability hazards.
- Find out if your home meets current building code requirements for high-wind regions, and should have flat roofing installed if needed.
- Check the four critical areas where wind can enter a home: roof, windows, doors and garage doors. Either you or a building contractor can build and install temporary protection, such as approved wind roller shutters or plywood on windows and coverings for patio and entry doors, strengthen and stiffen garage doors, and install heavy-duty door hardware.
- Read and understand your insurance policy.
- Inventory valuables and contents in the home with pictures or video. Note the approximate value of each item and the date of purchase. You can also send an inventory to a family member outside your region for safekeeping.
- Make sure important documents, such as an insurance policy or mortgage papers, are stored in a safe deposit or fire safe box.
- Floodwater that enters into a home may be covered by specialized flood coverage underwritten by FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program, and is also important to have a good water filtration system, and you can find a company that installs RO systems which helps with this. Check with your insurance agent about flood policies, but note that they take 30 days to become effective one you sign up.
- Consider having a backup generator installation to keep major appliances running in case of a power outage, I recommend checking this Generac Whole Home Generator or vertiv ups systems for domestic and commercial use. The refrigerator is especially important as you’ll want to keep your food cold as much as possible.
- Have a few tools and supplies around the house in case of roof damage. This includes a strong tarp and nails or an industrial staple gun. If your roof begins to leak, get that tarp up as soon as possible to prevent any damage, this roof replacement in Perth company can help you with any kind of roofing issues.
- If you are renting your home, be sure to talk to your rental property management group or landlord about what to do in case of a storm and to get a roof waterproofing service to work at your place.
Hurricane Readiness Kit
While keeping your property safe has both personal and economic advantages, keeping yourself safe and having a trust contractor fro the aftermath like this roof replacement team is paramount. Put together a good hurricane readiness kit now so that you are good to go in case a storm heads for the First Coast.
Your hurricane readiness supply kit should contain:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable foods that do not require power to prepare
If you have questions about how the Hurricane season affects property value or purchases, please contact our Traditions Realty agents at (904) 683.5230 today.