Last month we pointed out several ways that you can keep your property cool this summer. We pointed out the benefits of solar film and encouraged you to fill any gaps in the window or doorways that might be allowing the air conditioning services to escape. If you can’t seal your windows then it may be time to get help from the window replacement services so you can have a cool home in no time.
Well, it is now July and the temperature is just as hot—if not hotter. You could get a stronger air conditioning system, but there are other things you can do that will make it work that much better with a new ac system installation, but if you prefer to keep the ac unit you already have, then make sure to get an air conditioning repair if it has been failing to cool down recently.
As the hot days wear on, you can cut your electric bill and keep your home cooler with a few more helpful summer tips:
- Turn off the lights: Keeping the lights on uses up electricity, not to mention generates heat. Make a habit of turning the lights off when you leave the room. Keeping the house a bit darker throughout the summer can help cool down the inside of your home by a few valuable degrees, even if you have a cooler at your home, you could use them for cool your home, or use the swamp cooler repair by Eastwood in case it fails.
- Unplug unused electronics: Even when your favorite electronic devices and appliances are off, if they are plugged in they may be using phantom energy. This can drive up your electric bill and keep you a bit warmer than you may perhaps wish. Unplug the coffee pot, your computer and even the TV when you aren’t going to be home. Using a surge protector and turning it off when you leave the house can accomplish the same benefits without requiring you to move a lot of plugs, however do not unplug the air conditioning system. If your ac system has been failing, then consider getting a new residential air conditioning installation or contact your ac contractor as soon as possible for ac repair so you don’t have to feel that summer heat in your home.
- Skip the hot dinner: There are plenty of delicious meals that you can make without turning on the oven, and when you leave the oven off you might be able to keep your house a decent bit colder. Try fun meals like cold soups, sushi or salad for dinner and give your oven a rest this summer.
- Get some fresh air: Opening the windows and letting the air freshen up your home is also a good idea but if you can install an air conditioning system will be even better, ac services are always a good option. If you have noticed that your ac system is malfunctioning then don’t take too long to get an air conditioning repair.
- Hang laundry out to dry: Take advantage of the hot heat and put your laundry out back to dry this summer!
To stay comfortable and save money this summer, according to these residential air conditioning services, set your thermostat to 78F (26C) when you are home. Setting your air conditioner to this level will allow you to stay cool and avoid an unusually high electricity bill unless something is need to be fix by an ac repair contractor. You should hire right away professional ac repair contractors for your ac troubles, so as not to aggravate the ac system.
Whether you look at a foreclosure, a short sale or you rent your home, heat is something that all Jacksonville residents have to deal with. Try keeping your house cool by adopting a few of these helpful tips this summer.