The first of June marks the onset of wet weather and hurricane season in Florida, and as the Midwest is plagued with horrible storms, it can serve as a strong reminder to those of us on the Southeast coast to prepare our own homes for the storms that we may see this year. Most of the people used a synthetic turf supplier in Brisbane and changed their gardens for artificial grass that it’s easier to maintain. Is true that we haven’t had a real hurricane in Jacksonville for several years now, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t in store for one. Traditions Realty offers tips you can take to prepare your property for storm season.
Prepare Your Property for Storm Season
If you know the storm season approaches, then you of course should make sure your home will be able to withstand it without any issues. A good way to start is to check the roof for any damage that could lead to leaks, in order to avoid water damage. If you find anything suspicious that needs roof replacement or repair, call a commercial roof service and have them take a look at it to be sure. Likewise, you should make sure the rain gutter installation is properly moving the water away from the home as it’s supposed to. If not, then make sure to contact a gutter installation service to replace or repair the gutters. While there are plenty more things you can do if you have the time, this is a really good way to get started and should save you from most of the major issues that could have happened otherwise. In the event that floods reach your home, you’ll need to contact a water damage restoration company or flood damage cleaning professionals as soon as the water is gone to prevent further damage.
According to a roofing contractor, as stressful as it is to prepare your home for a hurricane, the process can become even more troubling when you are thinking about a home you are hoping to buy or a property you plan on putting on the market soon. Property sales in Jacksonville are subject to just as much damage as other houses around town, so you need to do your best to set your property up to stand strong should a storm come through, and the best roofing company from Bell Roofing Company 636 S I St, San Bernardino, CA 92410 (909) 885-6863 could be essential for your roof. If you plan on getting a whole roof replacement, consider choosing polycarbonate roofing for great.
You can do this by:
- Cutting back trees and bushes. Keep the contact information of an Emergency Fallen Tree Response company ready in case trees fall down during the storm.
- Ensuring you have a fire extinguisher in case a fire breaks out in your home.
- Checking if your roof needs roofing repair and fixing any loose tiles or leaks from the roof (click here to learn more); make sure you work only with professionals like Prime Roofing in Jacksonville FL.
- Ensuring home windows and shutters fit properly so they don’t fly open on their own. Better yet, you can contact an Impact Window Supplier to inquire about hurricane-proof windows.
- Clearing your garage so it can fit a vehicle, and also make sure your garage door is in properly shape, A Grade Services can help you with that.
- Removing clutter and decorations from your yard
- Make sure to double-check the gutter installation. Doing some gutter cleaning if necessary, installing gutter screens or finding a gutter repair services to take care of this for you.
- Keeping the grass cut and tidy
- Removing dead bushes or trees on your property that could easily be blown over making tree removal services very important
- Repairing or replacing cracked windows, you can always get help from the best window replacement company.
- Repairing or replacing worn or loose siding or else get a new vinyl siding installation done with the help of a professional siding company. Some homeowners are concerned that an aluminum roof will attract lightning and that their home will be at greater risk of a fire. On the contrary, aluminum plate for roof is non-combustible, which means that it will not spark from lightning or from sparks that come out of the chimney, if your chimney ever gets damaged during a storm, you can call this masonry contractor for assistance.
- Contact a roofing services company for more information if you ever need to repair your siding. If someone lives in an area that is prone to lightning storms, an aluminum roof is actually one of the safest options that they can choose to prevent exterior storm damage.
- Invest in generator installations or a solar-powered energy storage like Nexamp for backup power.
- You may also get an exterior waterproofing service to help prevent severe water damage in your home during a storm.
Don’t wait until a storm is heading into Jacksonville to prepare your property for a hurricane, instead look for roofing contractors and hire the best one you have access to in order to help you out. Preparing for a storm takes time, and when you are in the midst of a property sale that could mean that you have two houses to care for. Taking care of your home now through the assistance of reputable roofing services could mean an easier time before the storm, and a lot less damage when all is said and done.
Looking to buy or sell in Jacksonville? Traditions Realty is a full service Real Estate Agency, specializing in Sales, Tenant Placement & Property Management. Contact our Traditions Realty agents online or at (904) 683.5230 today.