Many people think once the rainy season in Jacksonville is over, so is the risk of mold in their home. The truth is that high water levels and humidity impact your property throughout the year and causes you to need to contact residential mold removal services. If allowed to grow unchecked inside your home, mold can damage both the structure or even your family’s healthy; SpotlessFlorida would like to share a few tips to help you prevent mold from causing home damage. Hazardous material such as mold, lead, or asbestos can cause serious health issues in both residential and commercial structures. So first you need to hire the water damage cleanup service before you start your basement waterproofing. These safety risks can spell disaster for building owners and cause unwanted harm to those that work, live, or visit certain properties. If you know more about abatement or remediation go through zotapro website.
This name catches our attention, don’t you think? wet and forget! But what to be made wet and forget. It is none other than a moss, mold & mildew stain remover from Wet and Forget company. This company comes with a range of cleaning products that are used in crawl space waterproofing.
Most of the time mold starts appearing on humid places, which means there is no air flow at home. You’ll need air conditioning repair or installing new ones to be able to prevent that from occurring in the future, because those bacteria, it’s important to keep all indoor spaces well ventilated. Mold prevention also includes keeping indoor humidity levels below 50 percent.
Prevent Mold From Causing Home Damage
- Reduce clutter: Mold develops in dark, covered places that aren’t cleaned regularly. The more clutter around your home, office, garage, or other storage area, the greater the risk for developing mold which might make you need new water well installation services.
- Clean or replace afected tiles: This is the first place mold can appear and even when most of the people doesn’t pay too much attention to it is where the mold spreads faster. Make sure you replace your Bathroom tiles
- Clean carpets regularly: Don’t just vacuum, use a rug deep-cleaner to remove any potential mold build-up from your carpets, if help is needed check Carpet Rug and Upholstery Cleaning for an expert to help you. This is especially important to do if any water accumulates in your home. This article by TAK Cleaning Services explains The difference between pressure washing and power washing.
- Ventilate Bathrooms: Ensure bathroom fans are vented to the outside and keep them running during—and for 15 minutes after—showers, just open a window and the glass shower door. You’ll want to keep it as clean as possible, by tending to it every so often. There are a lot of options for hot tubs out there as well, so if you plan to remodel and perhaps get one installed, just make sure it is the right one for the amount of room you have. Same goes for how the bathroom is built, because if you leave room for water to seep to you could have a lot of mold in places you cannot clean or look, which could become very dangerous eventually.
- Regulate Temperatures: Temperatures too high or too low will encourage mold growth. Try keeping your home at a steady 78 degrees to avoid mold growth. as recommended by a mold removal company.
- Check for leaks: Check roof, windows, and appliances such as air conditioners and water heaters for leaks and repair any that are found. If you need help look for a handyman services company.
- Keep windows shut: The weather is nice in Jacksonville and you want to let the sunshine in. You can open the blinds, but leave the windows themselves shut. This will reduce energy costs while also reducing your home’s risk of growing mold
- Under the house: Check basements and under the house for moisture or leaks. Apply black plastic to ground to reduce humidity or make repairs where necessary, if your garage has been damaged reach Garage Door Repair Tampa for an excellent service.
- Filter the Air: Opt for a high quality air filter with a commercial hvac unit, and change it regularly, consider air conditioner service Caringbah for the maintenance. Have you noticed that your heating system is struggling to meet your needs? Have you sensed an increased presence of toxic fumes in your home and you finding for furnace repair near me ? Green Street HVAC has trained technicians that can repair, maintain, or replace your furnace in no time. Over the years, we have worked on countless furnaces and heating systems from various manufacturers, and we can assure you that we offer the best furnace repair and maintenance services.
Check out the EPA’s Interactive Mold Tour. Room-by-room, you’ll learn about common mold issues and how to address them.
Not getting a mold remediation when needed can increase your risk of developing severe health problems, including headaches, sinus infections and even certain forms of cancer. Stay smart and protect your home from mold. While you can follow these tips to help prevent mold, if you find mold in your home, make sure you contact a professional to have a mold remediation and mold removal services as soon as possible.
Looking to buy or sell in Jacksonville? Traditions Realty is a full service Real Estate Agency, specializing in Sales, Tenant Placement & Property Management. Contact our Traditions Realty agents online or at (904) 683.5230 today.